Thursday, September 29, 2005

I am from La Mirada, Ca. by way of Fullerton, and Azusa. I graduated from Azusa Pacific University with a degree in Philosophy (yah, real practical). Yet that is partially why I am here. The practicality of education is also the problem with education. My journey, as of now, is actually to teach Theology and Popular Culture. For one, because I think that it debunks a lot of myth while also creating it. I know, it can go around in circles, but what the hell. There has to be a part of Education that sparks peoples interest to understand what is going on under our very noses and also what is being nicely packaged for us all to believe. The theology, as I hope to become acquainted with, will hopefully bridge the gap between the two. So that in analyzing and predicting the trends in our environment, we can pursue Godliness. I hope that not only this class, but my education here at Fuller, will prepare me for a role in Higher Education. I hope to be a sponge as to how this discourse can and will take place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home