Friday, October 21, 2005

Concerning Chosen People Ministries

First of all I thought that the lemonade was superb. The overall presentation left me with more questions than actual information. I can only imagine the difficulties of trying to explain the gospel to a peoples who have been so devout to their heritage (telling a Jew that they have a chance for eternal life but that 20 centuries of their ancestors are in hell is not good news). Dr. Dauermann spoke of the commission as being presented to the Jews first, then the Gentiles. Obviously, throughout the scriptures the Jews are God's people, but what does that mean for us today when we are so far removed from this type of thinking? Can we get back to this type of thinking without showing favoritism in the Palestinian/Iraeli battle? Again I do not know enough about the subject to discuss anything with authority. And I don't think the 45 minute lecture on the subject gave me any answers. However, I felt like even in my continued questions I am learning.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wrote something on Wednesday's posting that you might or might not address.

12:33 PM  
Blogger Joshua Martinez said...

Anonymous hmm. ok. My concern is not whether God exists, because as I said in my post I dont doubt the existence of God(entity, a divine).I rather wonder about the interactions of God and man. I do not disagree with you on many things, but I think that you may have misread my post. Also watch the movie Power of 10, it agrees with your idea that the universe is contained within you, at least I think that is what you said.

6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home